Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Last Day of July?


Okay, where did July go?
I can't believe it is almost August. Time is flying by.
It has been the rainiest, gloomiest, foggiest time here in the NC mountains,
 I can remember since moving here in the late 70's.
We have had so much rain!

The last couple of days have felt more like fall with temps in the 50's at night.
Pog and I did a marathon day of yard work yesterday before rain came back today.
It is like living in a jungle because of so much moisture. 
The yard has been mowed twice a week when it is not wet and the weeds grow overnight. 
There is just no way to keep up right now.  
We are still cleaning up storm damage from June.
All the work we did yesterday, weed eating and cutting up trees
 has made for sore backs and legs!
I think we are getting too old for that type of work. 
Maybe it is time we started thinking about moving out of the woods!

We have had a couple of visitors to our woods.


The deer is welcome, even if she is eating my hosta's 
but this guy is very unwelcome.


Here he is checking out an empty bird box on the tree in our back yard.
We are rethinking getting another big outside dog now, 
especially if he or she keeps coming back!

I've had to take a break so I can clean house for company coming this weekend, so I will leave you with one more hint of the new door greeter I am working on.


Oh! Almost forgot to show you this great bag of wool remnants, 


I love getting remnants like this for my dolls and stitching!
This is very nice wool and on sale right now.
 
I'll be back next week with pics of the finished door greeter.
Wishing you a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love getting Betsy's remnant bags too. It's like getting a surprise birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. July went by in a blur. It was the 1st of July only a short time ago. How did that happened...
    Great picture of the bear but I prefer the deer as visitor, lol. Ny neighbour up the road from us had a visit from a bear recently.
    That's a nice bag of wool. I bet that it will soon become some nice projects in the near future.
    Take care,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your visiting critters. I've only seen one bear here, and that was enough!
    Great photos! Thanks for the tip on wool, they sure have a nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one good looking bear, but not a visitor I would want in my backyard!!! One can never have to much wool, looking forward to seeing your latest creations. Thank you for stopping by my blog, my Sadie still has not returned...Sending greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise,
    I love deer but am not too fond of bears, except the teddy variety!! Great pictures and BRAVE picture taker!!!
    How fun to get all those remnants too!! I LOVE fabric so that would be like opening a Christmas present!! Enjoy each piece!!
    Have a great week!
    Heart Hugs~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete