Sunday, January 31, 2016

Been Too Long Gone


Yep, I've been gone for too long but hopefully its not too late to come back now. 
Seems like the last couple of months have been a blur. 
I can't believe it is now the last day of January!  

There hasn't been a lot of activity in the studio. 
I've had a very hard time getting back to work after the holidays. 
This is what my work table looks like right now.


Sad to say that the beginnings of a bird has been there for over a week. 
The only things I have to show for the last month is a couple of new moths



and a few new ornaments.



The Snowmen and Twinkles (the star with a nose) are the two new ones 
I designed and made for the kids at Christmas. 
I was pleased enough with them to make extra to sell.
The penny ornaments are always a favorite to stitch.
 I had almost ran out of ornaments by the end of last year so 
I need to make a few each week to catch up. 

We survived the big snow storm last weekend but there is still lots of snow around. 
It's going to take a while to melt 14" of snow.
It took us several days before we were able to get our car out 
and then back up our driveway! 

I was sick with a cold the entire time so it was not much fun. 
Hopefully I will be back soon with some new work! 

Just an FYI - Shuttle Hook and Needle is now on Instagram.

If you are a Instagram user then look me up! 
 
Louise

8 comments:

  1. Good to see you back up Louise! Missed you. Those moths sure are purdy. I think it was a moth that brought me to your wonderful site in the first place.
    Feel better, it's hard to be creative and productive when you don't feel well, unless of course you are a country & western song writer.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, I've had my share of being under the weather this winter and not very productive either. It took me for ever hooking a rug.

    Your little moths are just too cute. So much work but it must be satisfying to succeed with so beautifully.

    Before you know it February will be a memory and March will come in and soon Spring will be at our door.

    I'm glad that you survived the big storm. The winter has been rather mild here for us this year but last year was brutal.

    I hope that you find your Mojo soon. Going through a dry spell of creativity is normal. It's only temporary.
    Take care and stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, welcome back! You haven't been gone nearly as long as I have been LOL. Glad you're recovering from the snow...we have had some mild days in an overall mild winter, but they are saying that is about to change... Up to 21" of snow on its way, followed by a dip in the deep freeze. Grrrr.... Me no likey. I LOVE your little moths...and those penny ornaments are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Have a great new week ahead....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better and the gorgeous weekend has raised your energy a bit. Those moths are amazing!! Big hug to ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back.
    I hope you are feeling better.
    Thankfully in northern Ohio we got NO snow. One day closer to spring ~ woo hoo.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise,
    So sorry you were part of that terrible storm AND were sick as well!!
    Not my idea of fun either!! Happy you are feeling better!! LOVE your
    darling moths....sooo wonderful!! Before you know it, those creative juices
    will be flowing again!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your moths are incredible! Such detail. I, too, have not worked very much on any sewing projects, but plan to start soon. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Louise, I too, love those moths!

    ReplyDelete