Monday, December 9, 2013

The Day After




The tour is over. 
I had a successful weekend with lots of friends, new and repeat customers visiting.
 We missed the worst of the weather in the mountains with little to no ice on Sunday
 but most people came on Saturday.
 I did have a few brave souls who ventured out on Sunday to take home a couple of rugs,
 which was great.

To say that I am now very tired is an understatement. 
I am exhausted! I only have one special bird order to finish up and 
then I can take a break for the rest of the year. 
The house was decorated and the tree put up the weekend after Thanksgiving so I would not have to deal with it now. It was a lot of work to get the house and studio ready for the holidays and the tour at the same time but now I am glad it is done.
 I am so grateful for a patient, helpful and understanding husband 
who supports me in every way possible. 
It is now time for both of us to sit back and enjoy Christmas! 

 I do intend to start some new projects soon because the tour always inspires me. 
Before the tour I become tired and don’t want to make or weave anything else 
but now that it is over I am excited to get started again. 
The difference is now I get to make what I want to and not what I have to,
 at least for a little while, which will be a nice break. 

Pog and I both were so busy that we really didn't take many photos
 but here are a few of the ones we did take of the studio and the work. 
There are a lot of empty spaces now which is great!!

Most of the rugs found new homes.

Star of Bethlehem Dish Towels

Snowmen, ornaments, more dishtowels and mug rugs.

There were lots of wooly ornaments.
I hope everyone was safe, warm and snug at home during 
all the terrible weather in the country these past few days. 
I am looking forward now to snowy days at home stitching, weaving 
and maybe even a jigsaw puzzle or two! 


3 comments:

  1. All your creations are simply wonderful. I enjoyed peeking at them. Love the Star of Bethlehem towels and wooly ornaments. Best wishes for a joyous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sherri. Your creations are beautiful. I'm glad that you had a great success at your Studio Tour , next year you'll know more what to expect. I glad that you were spared the ice storm.

    Now put your feet up and relax with a good book.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a wonderful talent!
    Glad things went well with the tour.
    Blessings for a wonderful Christmas
    Karen

    ReplyDelete