Thursday, July 2, 2015

Time Off



Well I can’t say that what I have been doing since the tour is time off  
 but it was time away from the studio.

The studio tour went well with around 89 people visiting, which is about average. 
EggBert, Green Man and the Gold Finch House have all gone to new homes 
along with lots of mug rug sets, table runners and rugs. 
It was a good tour with so many nice people visiting.

Doing the studio tour is an enormous amount of work and 
I haven’t slowed down now for months. 
The Monday after that weekend I hit the floor running! 
We have worked all of this month to get the house ready to go on the market 
so there has been lots of downsizing, sorting out what to keep and what to put into a yard sale. Every closet in the house has been cleaned and reorganized, basement is still a work in progress (Pog’s 40 year stash), decks/porch’s have been power washed and I totally repainted, cleaned and reorganized the pantry/laundry room! Whew!! 

New improved pantry!


Moving is going to be a big change for Pog and I. 
Both of us have been living in the mountains for a long time now, 
37 years for me and over 40 years for him.
 At least we are staying in North Carolina, which is a state, that both of us love.
It is time for a change. 
With Pog’s decreasing vision it has become too difficult to take care of
 a big house, yard, flowers, cutting firewood and so many other things that come with living where we do with no support. 
It is time for a simpler house one that is all on one level and has a flat driveway! 
Hopefully after the house sells and we are resettled then we will be able to travel and visit faraway family while Pog still has some vision.

There are of course lots of other things to do on the house but I think we are getting closer to being able to catch our breath soon. 
I hope so because I am anxious to get back to creating.  
 It would be nice to sit and stitch/sew or weave instead of 
being up and down ladders and being hot, sweaty and dirty 
especially with the heat we experienced this month. 
It has now cooled off at least for a few days and some much-needed rain 
has arrived to feed the flowers so it is a good time to return to the studio.
I think a lot of Fall during  summer heat so the table runners 
in progress below makes me feel happy.


Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!!
Louise




9 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been super busy and your pantry is so lovely. I'm sorry that Pog's vision is declining but I hope that with less maintenance, you'll both enjoy a slower pace of life.
    Good luck with this Louise.
    Happy 4th of July.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, considering that as time off is laughable! ;-) But what a lovely pantry. I so wish I had one still. And it's mighty hot and dry here too, but that weaving makes me happy yo see too.
    Best of luck on the prep and sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful pantry, I'd love to have a walk in one.
    The runner is amazing, just beautiful colors.
    I can relate to moving off a slope, to a level drive.
    One of the things we have discussed is doing just that.
    It is still a few years down the road for us.
    But i still think on it, and ponder.
    I hope everything goes so well for you.
    I hope you get to travel, and I hope your holiday is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your hard work has certainly paid off..........love that pantry. The current weaving has wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on such a fine turnout for your studio tour! I love the new runner...my colors, for sure. And, what a fantastic job you have done on the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time off is never "time off" is it! Thumbs up to all yours and Pogs hard work. We bought a house that was one level, ramped and are completing all remodeling these next few years to be ready for retirement. (7 years for me, 10 years for my husband! - can't wait) I went to some auctions last year with my girlfriends and was appalled at all the old, dirty stuff everyone had for sale that they had for years!!!!! I rushed right home, cleaned EVERY closet, basement, trunk... Ahh, now I feel good in that I have a manageable amount of juck now! Sending you best wishes on your sale and move AND upcoming travels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY FOR YOUR STUDIO SUCCESS! So, you are downsizing to another home, understandable.I have a friend leaving her farm of 30years to move to the city for similar reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your successful studio tour.
    Good luck with the move. I hope you have no trouble selling your home. The location sounds lovely.
    Happy 4th to you.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the age, isn't it........accepting change that is inevitable. Making life easier.
    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete