Friday, November 20, 2015

Snow Man with Cardinal


 Meet my new Snow Man!


I think he is a cool guy with his Shibori dyed wool coat 
along with his Cardinal friend and birdhouse! 


  
Back View  
Cardinal has lots of stitching!

Bird house will be warm and snuggly for Cardinal when the snow comes!

Holly and greens make his house festive for the holidays.
He has been a lot of work with all the dyeing, stitiching, embroidery 
but I am in love with him.
This first snowman turned out big at 35" tall.
I have a feeling he is only the first of many and smaller ones are planned. 

Oak Tree has returned from the Toe River Arts Council Juried Art Show. 
Sadly no prize but was very honored to be included in a show filled with 
amazing paintings, photography, glass and pottery. 

Busy, busy time of year but then my entire year has felt this way. 
I can't seem to keep up with my life and the days/weeks are passing in a blur. 

Studio tour is coming up December 4 thru 6 and I am working to get ready for it.
Hopefully after that I can get some rest!!

 

18 comments:

  1. Your "Cool Guy" Snowman is awesome..Love that Shibori dyed coat! Also, shaking my head over Cardinal and the bird house...many, many wonderful stitches! I sometimes wonder if we sat and did nothing if the days would pass more slowly. Not ready to try that yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if time would slow down if we did nothing all day. I can't sit still for long before I am up doing something! Thanks for liking Snow Man!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Oh my Louise, what a classy snowman. Love the unique Shibori dye coat and that special birdhouse. You have spared no pain in creating this guy. I can see many more smaller version. You are so creative.
    I can't believe your oak tree didn't came out with a prize but I bet it has turned many heads in the journey. You are still a winner in my book. I know you enjoy every minutes of creating these amazing creations. Love, love , love that cardinal...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! You always make me feel so much better. I have to admit that I was disappointed the oak tree did not get some kind of recognition in the juried show. I love making my sculptures and that counts more than a prize.

      Delete
  3. Wow! He is wonderful! So much work and you have such a great eye for details. Hope your staying warm up there! Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, yes, awesome YES! That is one amazing snowman and thankfully he won't melt! I have no idea how to do any of what you do but still find myself so dang inspire to just create. Thank you for making such beautiful things, stitch by stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome fella!! As always your stitching is a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is truly a work of art!!! Just beautiful.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lauren stole my comment ;). It really is a work of art. Absolute craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! That makes me feel good about all of that work!

      Delete
  8. How creative you are! At first glance I thought the cardinal was real! Lol. So much fun to look at and see all the details you put into it. Wow. I agree with Julie, your oak tree IS a winner to me. That has to be one of the most amazing things I've seen. I enjoy all your work. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete