Monday, August 13, 2012

From The Mountains to the Coast




Mt. Mitchell


And back again. I have been away this week for a much needed rest and time with my daughter. We did some fun things, and I rested my “mind” from all I should be doing or what needs to be done. I really needed a break from the studio. I seemed to be going in circles before I left. Hopefully now I can refocus and get back to work.



Fort Macon






Being on  top of a mountain looking down at the valleys or standing on the shore, hearing the waves roll in and the sea gulls calling, always helps me clear my mind. It is a time to slow down and reflect and re-energizing my spirit.





I also got to spend some time with my grand-dog Jack. He is a real sweety!




Sorry this photo is a little fuzzy but it shows him sleeping in his "cat" bed which he is too big for! One time he visited my house and adopted the little bed for his own. I had to buy Sadie a new bed and let Jack take this one home with him.



This girl will let you pet her and she makes the greatest chirping sounds!



My daughter and son-in-law keep chickens which I got to feed; and I gathered a couple of eggs. I haven't done that since I was a little girl when my mother kept chickens. Pog and I want to build a chicken coop and have some of our own.






I’ll show you the photos in the next post of great antique stores and quilt shops we visited!
Of course I had to come home with some fabric and other goodies!

Hope you are having a great start to your week!

Louise




No comments:

Post a Comment