Thursday, October 25, 2012

A View From Down Under




No not from Australia, but from down under a loom. 

 
 
I’ve spent the last couple of days warping and tying-up the Toika. It has been a while since I had tied-up treadles on a countermarch loom. It took time to “wrap my head” around what harnesses and lams should go up and down, and which gets tied to what!  I finally got It, and it is now warped with carpet warp for rugs. I think that I am really going to like this loom. It is very quiet and smooth operating and the tension is perfect.



One day I am going to be too old to be crawling around, under and in looms! 
It is not easy on your back and knees! 



After I got the loom going and started weaving it all seemed to be worth it when
 I saw how nice these rugs are going to be!




2 comments:

  1. I like the color of the rugs! I don't see how you kept it all straight! I'm sure it is worth it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that must have taken hours to set up. It looks very complicated. The rugs are going to be beautiful..love the colors of the one you are making now. They look like they are going to be large rugs. Looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete